Scrum #1 – Cortado
It’s a Sunday afternoon. Jenny & I are sat in our home office in front of our desktop computers. My work laptop sits next to me doing things. A glass of Co-Op apple and cucumber sparkling water sits half empty to the right of my keyboard. Pink Floyd’s The Wall plays through my giant red headphones. My parent’s will call for their weekly chat in a couple of hours.
- What did I do yesterday to advance the project?
- I wrote a few hundred words of setting and thematic background fluff. I’m having to adopt a pragmatic approach to world-building as an activity rather than my ideological stance against it. I’ve drawn two maps: one geographic and the second map a logical one. They are required to give the programming activities shape. The setting and thematic writing will help me polish the game into a coherent demo in the final sprint.
- What am I going to do today?
- Work on the story for Jon. This will take about two or three hours. Ideally complete the handwritten draft
- Create Inform 7 project files for The Market Underground
- Fill in all the boilerplate headings in the main inform file
- Test a several menu driven conversation systems for Inform 7
- Experiment more with the Inform 7 language
- What are my blockers?